Acne Skin Care - 2 Useful Acne Skin Care Tips
Knowing the basics of skin care is a must not only to prevent acne and other skin problems but also to promote self-esteem in an individual. Let's take a look on two of the acne-producing attributes and the basics we need to remember and do.
1. If You Have Oily Skin
Oil is good for the skin because it keeps it moisturized and younger looking. Oily skin may be an advantage because it inhibits the development of fine lines, wrinkles, and discolorations. It also tans gorgeously and is less likely to freckle. However, an oily skin may look shiny or dull. But too much oil spells A-C-N-E. Yes, excessively oily skin is actually prone to acne breakouts.
Here's what we should do:
1. Wash your face two or three times a day. Washing it only once is not enough to wash away the dirt accumulated all in a day's (or nights) work while over washing can make your skin dry.
2. Use products specifically made for oily skin. From cleansers, toners to cream you are sure to find the one that suits your skin. It is not always easy to find the best product. Experience tells me that it may take quite sometime and quite a few "experiments" on trying out these products before you find the one that is perfectly made for you. Ask your dermatologist for suggestions and possibly, prescriptions.
3. Use non-comedogenic make-up (water-based) to avoid acne aggravation. Comedogenic or oil-based make-up only adds to the oil that your skin is producing and traps more dirt on your face.
2. If You Have Enlarged Pores
Pores are actually normal and essential. But some people hate them. If the skin is not being cared for appropriately and regularly, the pores of the skin will eventually become enlarged. And you surely do not want this to happen because larger pores can trap more dirt and have it clogged, causing the outbreaks of unsightly acne. There are numerous ways to cleanse, refine or minimize pores. Here are some of them:
1. Use pore minimizing lotions and creams. You may want to try any Pore Refining Cream or Pore Minimizer Refining Lotions.
2. Steam your face. This way, clogged pores will be forced to open in turn making it easy to remove the dirt. Apply face mask as soon as you're done.
3. Deep pore cleansing. You can do this twice a month at the most to make sure your skin is free from trapped dirt. You can do this at home or with the help of your dermatologist. Products you can try are Clear Pore Cleansing Mask or Deep Pore Cleansing Mask.
4. Wash your face with lukewarm water. Hot water only enlarges your pores.
5. Wear sunscreen because too much sun exposure may cause enlarged pores.
6. Exfoliate regularly. It not only a cleansing regimen but it also improves your pore appearance. Some of exfoliating products are used simply for exfoliating while some are used for other skin care treatment such as moisturizing and cleansing.
With proper and regular skin care, you surely are on the right track to lessen your present acne conditions, or better yet, maintain an acne-free skin.
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne