Five Ways To Reducing Acne Scars
It seems like double torture when you had pimples and now you have blotchy acne scars. Here are five ways to successfully reduce or get rid of them.
This article will not deal much on how you acquired acne, but on acne scar and hyperpigmentation, which can induce low self esteem and lead you to embarrassing situations.
If not treated early, moderate to severe acne can cause unsightly reddish or brownish spots on the face, that can darken more if left unprotected under the sun. For the more serious deep scarring type, some topical medications are suggested (tretinoin, Alpha Hydroxy Acids), laser resurfacing or chemical peel for acne scar, dermabrasion, punch techniques, subcision, or saline injections.
But for the generally flat dark spots, here are five tested remedies for reducing acne scar:
- Apply lemon juice on affected area. Lemon belongs to the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) group, and is capable of getting rid of acne scar and hyperpigmentation. However, those with sensitive skin may react negatively to its citric properties, cause dryness, burning and skin irritation.
- Aloe vera is nature's healing plant. It is quite helpful for faster fading and healing of blotchy acne scars. You may use aloe vera in the form of gels, moisturizers or creams, best if it's in its organic pure form. Some products claim such but is otherwise, so take time to research on the right one. One good brand is Fruit of the Earth.
- Rosehip seed oil is another option that can regenerate new skin and fade discoloration caused by acne scarring. Massage onto scars twice daily.
- Lavender oil also promotes cell regeneration to improve acne scars when massaged onto skin.
- Topical skin lightening creams give the fastest results, exfoliating the dark skin layer that causes the hyperpigmentation.
For whatever solution you choose, take note that healing and healed acne scars need sunscreen to prevent the perpetuating sun damage to cause darker discolorations.
Even with homemade remedies, fading of acne scars can take time. If you want to speed up the process, here's our recommended solution to exfoliate damaged cells and lighten the blotchy acne scars bringing back your healthy skin - http://www.skin-whitening-product.com/skin-whitening-treatment.html
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne