Zinc And Acne
Although not widely known, zinc is an effective source to add to your regimen in taking control of your acne. There are a couple of reasons that this is true.
1. Zinc helps the of hormones in your body, one of which is testosterone which can cause acne.
2. Zinc is very needed to form collagen in your body which is so very important with keeping your skin healthy. Zinc can help hormone inbalances which will help stop acne.
What foods are high in zinc?
1. Poultry and meat
2. Whole grains
5. Dairy Products
7. Pumpkin seeds.
Unfortunately, even if you get your zinc from food sources, not even 50% of what you eat or take in supplements is actually used by the body. Because of this, you can think you are getting the required amount and still be deficient in getting enough zinc to really help alleviate acne.
What is so convenient about this vitamin is that you can get it through many different ways. It comes in tablets, capsules and you can even get it as a topical ointment or cream. All of them are effective in combating acne. If you consume 200 milligrams a day orally, then you will see notice a decrease in the inflammation and eventually a decrease in acne breakouts.
Although zinc is effective in controlling acne, be careful. As with any other vitamin, more is not necessarily better. There can be unwanted side effects with to much zinc. If you suddenly have digestive upset or a metallic taste in your mouth, lower your dosage.
Are you struggling with acne and need to get rid of it now?
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne