Acne And Essential Fatty Acids
According to Wikipedia, Essential Fatty Acids are a family of unsaturated fats which have in common a carbon-carbon double bond in the n3 position; that is, the third bond from the end. In layman's terms: they are necessary for health and they consist of polyunsaturated fats, linoleic and alpha linolenic acid. There are lots of big words there, but what can it do for an acne condition? These fatty acids are just what they say they are; essential. But what do they do for us in our body?
1. They produce energy
2. They form cells
3. They take oxygen from the air and transfer it to our blood.
4. They make hemoglobin which clots our blood
How does that help to reduce acne eruptions?
These essential fatty acids are known to be very effective anti-inflammatory substances. Therefore sebum, which is the secretion of the sebaceous glands, is calmed by these acids and specifically linoleic acid. Since acne for the most part is due to inflammation and bacteria, anything which will help reduce inflamation should be welcomed and used. Linoleic acid and others can be found in:
1. Flaxseed oil
2. Safflower oil
3. Primrose oil
4. Corn oil
5. Fish oils
When essential fatty acids aren't available to the skin, your skin gets irritated and inflamed and acne occurs more readily. They also clear skin and pore blockages that cause whiteheads and blackheads. It's even been shown that when consuming enough of these, the skin is firmer and dryer which is so very needed when dealing with this condition. They are also used to treat cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis, heart disease and diabetes.
Are you struggling with acne and need to get rid of it now?
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne