3 Solutions for Treating Acne
This feature looks at some ways of clearing and healing your skin and acne treatments.
Below are some of the treatments used, how they work and what you need to know to use them.
1. Benzoyl Peroxide
Many of the products you buy over the counter contain this and it helps to kill bacteria which make acne worse. It will help open up the oily clogged pores to let the acne heal.
Using Benzoyl Peroxide
1. Use a medication that contains 5% benzoyl peroxide but be cautious and use it just once a day at the start. Try to pick the same time each day.
2. After a month you can increase usage to twice a day as long as you aren't using any other medications.
3. If you don't see an improvement after 4 to 6 weeks, you may need to increase the strength to 10% but' it's still available without a prescription. Benzoyl peroxide is best in its purest form but you will need to ask the druggist what form this is available in.
This is available by prescription only and works by opening up clogged oil glands and preventing new blemishes.
1. Retin-A makes your skin more sensitive to sun and sunburn so it's best if used at night. This makes it extremely important if you're outdoors to make sure that you've applied sunscreen.
2. You may not see results right away, it could take 2 to 3 months so be patient.
3. Retin-A can be dangerous to fetal development if a woman were to get pregnant so the doctor may prescribe birth control pills before starting this form of treatment.
Antibiotics are used to treat acne that hasn't responded to other options and may be swollen and red. They are available only with a prescription. They will eliminate the bacteria that contribute to whiteheads on your skin.
Take special consideration when using antibiotics.
1. Consume them with lots of water and follow your doctor's directions.
2. You skin's sensitivity may increase to the sun when taking antibiotics so make sure you wear lots of sunscreen.
If you suffer from acne, this information should give you something to be able to think about so you can choose your best type of treatment.
Are you looking for the best acne scar treatments or other remedies for acne attacks? We've got lots more helpful information on the Acnesquad website. Visit http://www.AcneSquad.com to learn more about dealing with acne.
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne