What Foods Help Cure Acne
What Foods Help Cure Acne?
The phrase "you are what you eat" is true so it pays to know which foods help cure acne. Pimple prevention and treatment should always include food intake into consideration. You should also take your own skin type into consideration because not everything that's good for one person automatically applies to the next one.
Skin-Friendly Foods that Help Cure Acne
* Fruits are rich in vitamins and contains naturally-occurring chemicals that are good for the body and skin. Although sugar is also present in fruits, the vitamins offset their presence.
* Vegetables are no doubt very important. Green, leafy vegetables contain phytochemicals and anti-oxidants that are good for the body and skin. You can say that vegetables are our bodies' natural cleansers. Making sure greens are part of your diet will go a long way in preventing and treating acne.
* White meat from turkey and chicken are rich in proteins and minerals and are known to help the skin from drying. (Dry skin can trigger acne outbreaks as dry skin is usually a sign of deficiency in proteins and minerals.)
* Omega-3, mostly found in fish, is important in strengthening immunity. With strong immunity, the body is resistant to diseases and infections.
* Fiber-rich foods are also good for getting rid of acne. Since fiber is important in cleansing the system, toxins and impurities in the body are flushed out.
Foods to Avoid to Prevent Acne
Oily and fatty foods, sugary foods, and foods and beverages that are high in caffeine should be avoided. Vegetable oil is considered a menace and can cause severe acne so try to avoid it as much as possible.
Junk food and snacks should also be avoided as they contain partially hydrogenated fats, which can cause acne outbreaks. Saturated fats, found in red meat and dairy products like whole milk, are also no-nos.
From this list, it seems that all the tasty stuff is banned from your diet but really it's all about moderation. If you know which foods affect you most negatively that they cause acne outbreaks, then those are the ones you should eat LESS. (Don't completely eliminate them as you'll only crave them more.)
Besides, there's so much more to gain with eating the right food items than just preventing pimples, right? Consider the overall better health, more energy during the day, and the better physique you'll have and you'll soon be wondering why you didn't change your diet earlier.
See what completely removed my acne by visiting this site http://www.acnecreamremedy.com
- Acne Hits Teens Hard - There Are Treatments Available
- Acne Free in 3 Days - Review
- Acne Free in 3 Days by Chris Gibson - Review
- Causes of Adult Acne - Who is Affected Most?
- Young Lady With Acne Problems
- Myths About Acne and Your Diet
- What Really is Acne?
- Acne Diet - 3 Foods That Cause Acne
- How to Get Rid of Acne - Here Are the Stunning Tips No One Will Ever Share With You
- Simple Ways to Fight Acne