Food to Gain Weight
To effectively gain weight to build muscle you need to be eating carbohydrates. If you are not eating enough carbohydrates your body will start converting the protein you eat into carbs. This process is called gluconeogenisis, and I would not recommend letting this happen.
Carbohydrates are an essential food to gain weight, because they provide you with energy. When you eat excess carbohydrates your body starts to store this energy - giving you weight gain.
There are three different types of carbohydrates:
Found in soft drink, confectionery and white bread these simple carbohydrates should be avoided, as they provide no real long term benefit to the weight gainer. The only positives of sugars is the short term insulin boost that it provides.
Startches such as potatoes, brown rice, pasta and oats actually contain more sugar then the simple carbohydrates. However, since they have a longer chain of sugar they take longer to break down - providing the weight gainer with a longer energy boost.
Fibre comes from products such as corn, black beans and brocolli, and is the section of a plant that cannot be digested properly into your intestinal tract. Although fibre has no calories the benefit is in the waste removal. High protein and carbohydrate diets sometimes result in constipation and having a healthy amount of fibre in your diet will help make sure that you do not get it.
If you are not eating carbs to gain weight then you will need to be taking supplements. However eating the required amount of carbs to put on weight is not difficult it just requires some planning.
Want to find out more about gaining weight, and building muscle? Visit http://www.gain-weight.info
- Build Muscle - Are Amino Acid Supplements Necessary to Build Muscle?
- Why Antioxidants Are Important For Building Muscle
- Build Muscle - 5 Tips For a Better Squat
- Learn How to Get Six Pack Abs Fast
- Advance Mass Building Review - Does Advanced Muscle Building Really Work? YUP!
- Techniques to Sculpting Lean Muscle Tone
- Build Muscle - Factors to Consider If You Perform Early Morning Workouts to Build Muscle
- Easy Muscle Building Tips From Bodybuilding's Golden Age
- Muscle Development and Strength - Anabolic Steroids the Facts
- Weight Training Basics