Easy Muscle Building Tips From Bodybuilding's Golden Age
I know that most people today looking to gain muscle are following routines that are pretty complex and time consuming. This type of routine usually consists of training 5-6 times a week with 2 hours a session.
If you are on a program like this and are making the gains you want, keep it up and get all you can out of this type training. The truth is that only a small number of people can really get results from this type of training, but I will give you a routine that may change your thinking on how to develop muscle.
To gain muscle and strength we are going to take a look at the type of training that they followed back in the 40s and 50s. I have always said that muscle building does not have to be complicated and when you see the program I'm sure you will agree.
The basic routine consists of:
Squats, 4 sets of 10-15 reps.
Bench Press, 4 sets of 6-8 reps
Basic Press (Military or Dumbell), 4 sets 6-8 reps
Deadlifts, 4 sets of 6-8 reps
One Arm Row, 2 sets 6-8 reps
Curl (Barbell or Dumbell), 2 sets 6-8 reps
Make sure you do a good warm-up set on each exercise and then go all out on your remaining sets. The real key to muscle growth has never been to see how long you can train, but how hard.
The routine should follow 3 alternate days a week with a day off in between workouts and weekends off. I know this routine seems outdated, but it works! Keep your training safe and when looking to gain muscle keep it hard and brief. Remember to keep following a healthy eating program and get plenty of rest.
Until my next article, feel free to visit my Easy Muscle Building Blog for my current reviews of Muscle Building Programs, or email me with any training questions
- Build Muscle - Are Amino Acid Supplements Necessary to Build Muscle?
- Why Antioxidants Are Important For Building Muscle
- Build Muscle - 5 Tips For a Better Squat
- Learn How to Get Six Pack Abs Fast
- Advance Mass Building Review - Does Advanced Muscle Building Really Work? YUP!
- Techniques to Sculpting Lean Muscle Tone
- Build Muscle - Factors to Consider If You Perform Early Morning Workouts to Build Muscle
- Muscle Development and Strength - Anabolic Steroids the Facts
- Weight Training Basics
- The Benefits of Weight Training