Women Show Augmented Pronounced Health Benefits From Physical Activity
Many experimental studies annex found that physical utilize can better cholesterol levels and thereupon abbreviate the risks of cardiovascular disease; however, few of these studies hold included sufficiently participant diversity to add ethnic breakdowns. Now, a long-term study of over 8,700 middle-aged men and women provides race- and gender- specific data on the cholesterol effects of physical activity, with the elegant result that women, remarkably African-American women, intimacy greater benefits as a result of apply than men.
The review of this broad Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study, which appears in the Aug issue of Journal of Lipid Research, was carried elsewhere by Keri Monda and colleagues at North Carolina and Baylor. They found that over a 12 year period, all individuals who increased their operate by approximately 180 metabolic units per week (equivalent to an more date of mild or 30 minutes of moderate career per week) displayed decreased levels of triglycerides and increased levels of the "good" HDL cholesterol. However, statistically expressing decreases in the "bad" LDL cholesterol were individual observed in women, with exclusively athletic effects in menopausal women and African-American women. And complete cholesterol levels were one significantly decreased in African-American women.
The authors speculate that these novel differences may occur from hormonal differences between the sexes, especially considering the additional effects seen post-menopause. The racial differences observed may stem from genetic variations that require further exploration.
The authors do besides note that their exercise counsel was assessed by questionnaire and this was non-scientific, though the specific methodology used has been intensely reliable in other studies. They as well notice that all evaluated participants were healthy, so these results cannot be generalized to individuals with diabetes or those on cholesterol-lowering medications.
From the article: Longitudinal impact of physical animation on lipid profiles in middle-aged adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study, by Keri L. Monda, Christie M. Ballantyne and Kari North
American Community for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Last relative articles:
- In Light Of Research About Teens' Heart Disease Risk, Lifestyle Changes Critical
- Even Younger People Should Consider Cholesterol Screening
- Cholesterol's Link To Heart Disease Gets Clearer - And More Complicated
- Pomegranate Extract Stimulates Uterine Contractions
- Siemens Introduces Cholesterol To The ADVIA Chemistry Concentrated Reagents Portfolio
- Research Published By Standard Process Inc. Scientists About The Effects Of Dietary Intervention On Cholesterol Levels
- Higher Statin Doses Not Always Best At Preventing Coronary Artery Disease
- Treat The Risk, Not The Cholesterol: Study Challenges Current Cholesterol Recommendations
- Despite FDA Warnings, The Monitoring Of High-Risk Medications Remains Unchanged
- Amarin Corporation Announces First Patients Enrolled In Two Phase 3 Clinical Trials Assessing AMR101 For The Treatment Of Cardiovascular Disease
women, women show, activity women, women women, women remarkably, women exclusively, women provides, women authors, observed women, decreased women