The Benefits of Whey Protein For Muscle Growth
Whey Protein and Its Associated Benefits
Whey is considered by many to be a blessing in disguise, and it's something which millions of people around the world depend on in order to ensure their bodies are getting enough protein. So, what is this protein anyway?
Whey is a very high quality protein derived from cow's milk. Cow's milk, as you may already know, contains two different proteins. The first one is known as casein, and this accounts for approximately 80% of the protein in milk, while the remaining 20% is whey. One of the most distinctive differences between the two is that whey is considerably more soluble than casein. Whey is also superior in terms of quality, and in fact, because it the most nutrient rich protein around, it's often referred to as being the gold standard with regards to quality. You'll also find that whey is one of the five essential supplements taken by bodybuilders all around the world.
What Are These Proteins: Concentrate and Isolate?
There are essentially two types of whey you'll come across. The first kind is whey protein concentrate, and the second kind is whey protein isolate. Generally speaking, the amount of whey found in concentrate can range anywhere from 30% to 90%, depending on the brands you buy. Whey protein isolate on the other hand, is extremely concentrated. This is the purest form of whey you can buy. Isolate consists of at least 90% protein, and the amount of fat present is negligible.
What Are the Most Noticeable Whey Protein Benefits?
One of the most striking things about whey is that it's a complete protein. In other words, it contains all the essential amino acids your body requires. Furthermore, the various amino acids are present in just the right amounts, and as a result, they can go a long way in improving a person's physical appearance. The presence of "branched chain amino acids" in whey makes it a very attractive choice for those wanting to pack on muscle mass, in that the branched chain amino acids are metabolized directly into muscle tissue by the body. One of the other whey protein benefits is that it's easy on the digestive system, and it's also easily absorbed by the body.
Several clinical studies involving animals have indicated that whey has the ability to lower cholesterol levels, which of course is very promising news for those concerned about heart disease. What is actually responsible for this effect of cholesterol levels? As of yet, we're not absolutely sure, but we do suspect it may have something to do with bio-active components found in whey protein. In fact, many of these components are also present in human breast milk, hence the reason why whey is used in most infant formulas.
The total lack of side effects is yet another one of benefits of whey. Unless you have a milk allergy, or an allergy to proteins found in dairy products, this protein can be taken without any reason for concern. Of course if you have a medical condition which prohibits you from consuming dairy products, you'll need to discuss matters with your doctor before you start using whey protein supplements.
Knowing what is whey protein and the benefits of taking it can be crucial in helping you to attain your fitness goals faster and easier. For further information and guide on different types of whey protein selections, you can browse to www.perfect-whey-protein.com
- Achieving a Great Figure
- Benefits of Nitric Oxide Supplements
- Weight Lifting Safely - Important Facts You Need to Know
- Full Body Workout Vs Split Routine: Which Is Better?
- The Six Pack Myth
- Building Fast Muscle: Diet and Workout Tips Revealed Here
- How To Build Muscle Quickly - Tips to Gain Muscle Fast
- Recommended Uses For Electronic Muscle Stimulation
- How To Build Muscle Fast - What to Eat Before Strength Training
- Secrets On How To Get Ripped Fast