At Home Full Body Workout - Get Ripped on a Budget!
Are you looking to lose a little bit of fat, gain muscle, and just generally get into killer shape? Here is a simple approach that can give you the results you want, WITHOUT going to the gym.
Two Steps To Success
We need to do two things -
- Build muscle
- Lose fat
Your strength workouts will build muscle, your conditioning workouts will help blowtorch that fat off your body.
At Home Full Body Workout - Strength and Muscle Gains
Since we don't want to spend all day working out, let's focus on a few simple MAXIMALLY EFFECTIVE exercises for strength.
Each strength should include 3-4 sets of each of the following movements, done for 5-8 reps (the best range for strength and muscle gains):
- Lower body movement
- Upper body pushing movement
- Upper body pulling movement
Here are some excellent examples:
Lower body movements-
- bodyweight squats
- one legged squats (use a pole or door jam for support until you can perform these unassisted)
- step ups (place your foot on a step around 2 feet high, and use your leg strength to press your body weight up)
ADDING WEIGHT -
- add weight to any exercise by simply throwing some pea gravel ($3 for 75 pounds!) into a duffel bag and stuffing it into a backpack. Or just dump a bunch into a army duffel bag to make yourself a homemade sandbag!
Upper body pushing movement-
- decline pushup (elevate your feet 2 feet or so off the ground to target your upper chest and shoulders)
- weighted decline pushup
- MY FAVORITE - weighted decline pushup on a DIY suspension trainer (check google for some excellent tutorials)
- handstand pushups
- sandbag overhead press (dump a bunch of pea gravel into a duffel bag!)
Upper body pulling movement-
- towel pullups (roll up a towel, throw it over a beam or branch, and pull up!)
- body rows
- MY FAVORITE - weighted body rows on a DIY suspension trainer
- sandbag rows
Simple Workouts = Success
For each of these exercises, stop a rep BEFORE failure.
So, do one of each exercise, rest 90 seconds between exercises, and complete 4 sets of each movement.
Rest a day, and then let's blast that fat with a high intensity total body workout circuit!
High Intensity Full Body Circuit Training Workout:
- 60 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Hindu Pushups
- 10 Walking Lunges for each leg
- Towel Pullups (stop 1-2 reps before failure)
- 10 Bodyweight Squats
- Plank Hold for 60 seconds (for sets 2 & 3 do side planks)
- 10 Burpees
- 50 Mountain Climbers
Rest for about a minute, then do the circuit a couple more times.
Rest another day or so, and hit your strength workout again.
Build Muscle + Lose Fat = You Get Ripped
So now you have a good idea on how to get ripped at home with a couple excellent full body workouts.
Now all that's left is to get to work!
See how I have successfully lost 30 pounds of fat, built strength and muscle, and overcome chronic injuries all at home. Take care and good luck!
- Achieving a Great Figure
- Benefits of Nitric Oxide Supplements
- Weight Lifting Safely - Important Facts You Need to Know
- Full Body Workout Vs Split Routine: Which Is Better?
- The Six Pack Myth
- Building Fast Muscle: Diet and Workout Tips Revealed Here
- How To Build Muscle Quickly - Tips to Gain Muscle Fast
- Recommended Uses For Electronic Muscle Stimulation
- How To Build Muscle Fast - What to Eat Before Strength Training
- Secrets On How To Get Ripped Fast