Vegan Foods - Special Oils and Fats to Include in Your Diet
As you know, fats are an essential part in our diets. They contain very unique qualities that makes our bodies function properly. In might seem illogical, but some fats can even prevent heart disease and also lower your cholesterol levels.
But we need to be careful about the type of fat we chose to have in our diets. Too much process foods and we might be getting a dangerous amount of saturated fats or trans fatty acids, both of these known specially for their "not too friendly" qualities.
On the other side of the coin, however, there are some foods that contain what we can call the "good" fats such as monosaturated fats but also contain those famous essential fatty acids, such as the omega 3. This types of fats are very beneficial to our health and different studies have shown that these fats can protect against chronic diseases, reduce blood pressure and enhance blood flow.
Below I'm going to show you three foods that must be included in your diet.
1. Flax seed oil: This oil is just amazing. It contains a great amount of omega 3, which as you know, helps lower cholesterol, preventing clots in arteries. It also contains really good amounts of omega 6, 9, vitamin B, fiber, zinc and many other nutrients.
2. Avocados: This is one of my favorite source of fat on my diet. They are delicious and contains a wide range of nutrients good for your health. Avocados are a very good source of vitamin C, E and also contain more folate and potassium than any other fruit. Avocados have more potassium, about 60% more, than a banana (and we always thought bananas were one of the main source of potassium).
3. Olives: What is great about olives, is that it contains a great amount of protective nutrients such as phytosterols, Phytosterols helps in the absorption of cholesterol, thereby potentially reducing its harmful effects. Olives are also known for lowering blood sugar levels.
Like these types of foods, there are many other food sources that contain good quality fats that helps us in maintaining a healthy body. Some of these other types of food include nuts and seeds, which not only give you good amounts of fats in your diet, but also are a great source for protein.. Just by choosing these foods and avoiding the process foods, you are making big changes in your health and start getting all the benefits for your future.
James is an avid Vegan enthusiast and he has got some great Vegan Secrets up his sleeve! Download his FREE Ebook, "6 Simple Steps To a Vegan Diet" from his website http://www.veganrevolution.com/ezine.htm. Only limited Free Copies available.
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?