Tips for Proper Bodybuilding Nutrition
The best nutrition is the often the most simple and basic and I'm often surprised out how often people see dieting as a painful and dreadful process. Don't let the big supplement companies fool you. Proper diet and hard work is the only thing you need to build muscle and lose fat and most of the supplements on the market are pure garbage. Since weight loss is a billion dollar industry its no wonder that companies will produce just about anything in order to sell to the uninformed folk. Save yourself the money and heart ache by coming to the realization that there are no shortcuts. Follow these simple tips in your diet and you will be well on your way to the body you deserve.
1. Eliminate fats and excess sugar. While this seems like a no brainer people have the insane idea that by working out they can eat whatever they want. Eating cheeseburgers and Twinkies may sound all right but the truth is fast food and sweets absolutely kills your diet.
2. Eat a large and complete breakfast with a large amount of carbohydrates and protein. This will help to speed up your metabolism and give you sustained energy throughout the day. I know most people skip breakfast because of a busy schedule but the power of a good breakfast goes a long way in your path to healthy living. Things like egg whites, oatmeal, protein shakes etc are easy to make and can be eaten on the go.
3. Eat meals consistently every 2-3 hours to allow a consistent supply of protein to feed your muscles. Meals like chicken, salmon, steak, potatoes, veggies are all great choices and make sure to cook in advance.
4. Protein should be the focal point of your diet and all of your meals should contain an adequate amount. Muscles need high quality protein to absorb and rebuild so don't let them go hungry.
5. Snack in a healthy manner with peanut butter, nuts, cottage cheese, canned tuna etc. Put down the bag of chips and soda and have a nice healthy and enjoyable snack.
6. Develop good pre/post workout nutrition with solid protein shakes. This is vital in repairing muscle tissue and will play a key role in your gains.
7. Drink plenty of water shoot for about 8 full glasses per day. Flooding the muscles with water allows them to absorb more nutrients and thus build muscle at a faster rate.
8. Get plenty of sleep, remember your muscles don't grow in the weight room they grow while your resting. Most people completely lack sleep but shoot for a full 8 hours for optimal muscle recovery.
As a skinny guy throughout my early years I hope to shed light on building muscle with hard work and proper diet as opposed to the use of steroids. It is here that I hope to pull together my wealth of knowledge through my successes and failures to give you the facts and tools you need to develop the physique of your dreams. You can think of me as the free personal trainer/nutritionist that you've always wanted to have. You can read more about bulking with bodybuilding foods here.
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?