5 Fantastic Health Benefits Of Oranges
Oranges are a highly nutritious fruit that should be part of any diet. They are rich in a number of key nutrients and support your body in many different ways. In this article I will be discussing 5 of the fantastic health benefits of oranges.
1) ARTHRITIS PROTECTION:- Oranges are rich in numerous antioxidants including flavonoids, phytonutrients and vitamin C. One of the main benefits of antioxidants is that they reduce inflammation within the body. Arthritis is a form of inflammation which affects the joints and can cause pain, swelling, stiffness and redness. By eating oranges you can avoid all these painful arthritis symptoms.
2) FAT LOSS:- One of the main health benefits of oranges is that they are a perfect fat loss snack. An average orange contains just 62 calories and is also rich in a number of fat burning nutrients. Both the potassium and vitamin B1 in this fruit boost your metabolism whilst the high dietary fibre content helps to suppress your appetite.
3) HEALTHY BOWELS:- Another fantastic health benefit of oranges is that they contain 2 bowel boosting nutrients. The dietary fibre in this fruit promotes regular bowel movements and fights bowel disease whilst the vitamin C in oranges can protect against stomach cancer and stomach ulcers.
4) IMPROVED BLOOD CHOLESTEROL LEVELS:- Your blood contains 2 types of cholesterol; low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL). LDL cholesterol sticks to the artery walls and ultimately restricts the amount of blood that can get to the heart and other vital organs. HDL cholesterol removes this damaging LDL cholesterol from the artery walls and transports it out of the body. Many of the nutrients in oranges, such as dietary fibre, certain phytonutrients and vitamin C, reduce LDL cholesterol levels in the body. Not only is this an excellent health benefit of oranges but it also has the added bonus of lowering your heart disease risk.
5) STRONG IMMUNE SYSTEM:- Oranges are one of the best sources of vitamin C available and contain a significant 53.2 milligrams (mg) per 100 grams (g). One of the main roles of vitamin C is to support the production of white blood cells (cells that work as part of the immune system to fight bacteria and disease). So if you are feeling a little under the weather, tuck in and enjoy this brilliant health benefit of oranges.
Oranges should be included as part of any healthy diet. They can protect you from various health ailments and even help you lose weight. So next time you find yourself reaching for a chocolate bar, grab an orange instead and start enjoying all these fantastic health benefits of oranges.
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?