Eat More Simple Food and Weight Less
I write a lot about nutrition because I like to eat, and it's equally important in achieving fitness results as exercising. Cooking isn't always the easiest option, with busy lifestyle, and simply not enjoying the process of preparing food. Convenience is key for many, and fortunately, nutrition is best when left as simple as possible.
Here are five very simple small meal ideas:
1. Pita Pizza. Spread canned diced tomatoes on a pita and season as you like, with pepper, basil, oregano etc. Spread a thin layer of shredded cheese. Add the toppings of your choice. Jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, green/red pepper, spinach diced onions and mushrooms are a few suggestions. Bake at 350F for 4-5 minutes.
2. Eat French. At the supermarket grab a whole grain baguette or bun, cheese and red grapes. This small meal is loaded with nutrition: Fiber, anti-oxidant fruit, healthy fats and protein. Just be sure to eat the cheese in moderation!
3. Egg Muffin. A healthy version of the fast food favourite. You can microwave an egg for 1 min. Add to a toasted whole grain English Muffin with a bit of cheese, thinly sliced turkey (or veggie alternative) and tomato. Season to taste.
4. Lunchtime cottage cheese. A good size portion of cottage cheese (3/4 cup is ideal), diced tomatoes, and chopped scallion. Add some pepper. This high protein lunch keeps you surprisingly full! If you need more, eat it on a slice of toast or with a side of raw carrots.
5. Sandwiches. Everybody knows how to make a sandwich. I love PB and banana or AB (almond butter) and apple. These two contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, and fruit. Serve on whole grain bread.
Eating healthy doesn't have to mean a trip to an overpriced specialty food store, surrounded by items you have never heard of. Healthy nutrition can start with the staples you have on hand, and foods that are readily available in the corner store. Eating healthy means you can eat more often, feel satisfied, and lose the weight you have been wanting to drop.
Eat More and Weigh Less!
Kaleena Lawless Personal Training Specialist http://www.kalisthenixfitnessblog.com
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?