I Cannot Believe That This Is Health Food
Over the years I have developed healthy but sweet snacks to satisfy my ravenous sweet tooth. I truly believe that deprivation only leads to disaster but on the other hand, this mantra taken too literally, and applied too liberally, is also a recipe for failure. These snacks strike the balance between indulgence, portion control, and healthy ingredients. Even better, they're quick and easy!
Five Sweet, Healthy Snacks
1. Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.
Great for an energy boost. Use 2 slices of whole grain bread. Slice half a banana (or less), layer on top of 1 tbsp (or less) of natural peanut butter (natural contains no hydrogenated oils). Sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Yogurt Parfait
This one is filling, refreshing, and just as good as ice cream on a summer day. Use 1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt. Slice 1/2 apple, sprinkle raisins, walnuts and a bit of flax meal. *can also be substituted with cottage cheese!
3. Fruity Cottage Cheese
High in protein, low in fat. Makes a good light meal. 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 sliced mango, raisins. *can also be substituted with yogurt!
4. Dried Fruit Trail Mix
Great for energy, healthy fat and fiber. 1/4 cup dried fruit (apricots, strawberry, cherries), 1/4 cup almonds, and a sprinkling of raisins and shelled sunflower seeds.
I view cereal as a junk/sweet treat. I never eat it for breakfast but will have it as a snack. It satisfies the craving, is fortified with vitamins, and when served with skim milk adds protein and nutrients.
Calories- Approx 180-250 depending on brand
It is possible to eat healthy food and enjoy it too!
Kaleena Lawless Personal Training Specialist http://www.kalisthenixfitnessblog.com
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?