Reasons to Moderate Drinking Coke
Most people are used to drinking a lot of coke and other sodas and thinking they can quench the thirst with a can or two. But you might be surprised when you learn that there's more to it in just one can. Here are reasons you might not know.
- High Sugar content which tends to cause a person to develop Type 2 Diabetes and metabolic syndrome. A can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar. And in some way, HCFS (high fructose corn syrup) may be included in your can of coke instead of sugar in it. It is found to contain high levels of reactive compounds that tend to trigger cell and tissue damage causing diabetes.
- A substantial amount of caffeine, 34mg per 12oz of your coke, added to your caffeine load and greatly exhausts your adrenal system. And because of the high sugar content and acidity present, a tooth tends to become susceptible to decay with frequent coke intake.
- In addition to its acidity, coke has a pH of about 2.5 closely similar to that of the vinegar, disguised by the high sugar content. Just think of battery acid which has pH of 1 and pure water with pH of 7.
- It's a mere empty calorie with no nutritional value, but with the high content of sugar and caffeine, one can get addicted to it, making you a lot thirsty and craving for more coke.
- Among the several of bad effects is osteoporosis (phosphoric acid) and severe kidney problems (kidney stones). Also, studies pointed out that the preservative called sodium benzoate can greatly contribute to risk of liver cirrhosis.
It is very important to take cautions on the food or liquid intake we have, because it can largely affect our health, maybe not now but it will surely show later on. But it doesn't mean you are not allowed to take your favourite food. Always remember that moderating and maintaining a healthy diet will also help your body achieve its best shape and good stamina.
Getting the right knowledge will help you achieve your fitness goal and through getting an expert to help you with it, your dreams are not impossible anymore.
- Drinking Bottled Water - The Truth
- Gain Weight With Protein Shakes
- 4 Fantastic Micromineral Food Sources
- Tips to Getting a Six Pack - Good Juice?
- Bitter And Sour - Why Eat Vegetables?
- Preparing Kale - Surprisingly Delicious!
- Oil Rancidity - The Dangers of Polyunsaturated Oils
- Healthy Fat Food - Whole Foods Versus Oils
- How to Enjoy Your Restaurant Dinners and Parties While Sticking to Your Healthy Diet Plan
- Healthy Immune System Foods - Which Ones Are They?