Steps to Help You Quit Smoking
We all know that there is more than one way to skin a cat although who really wants to skin a cat in the first place. I guess it means that there is more than one way to accomplish most things.
That's why I think it is a mistake to say here are the XX steps to quit smoking. There are, however, some steps which have proven to help others and you should know about them.
So here are two ways which will really help you quit for good:
Step 1. Ready, Set, Go!
If you have been smoking all your life it has been proven that just jumping in without some preparation is doomed to failure.
You need some time to prepare yourself with the correct mindset. I believe totally in affirmations to change your thinking. So prepare yourself with some positive affirmations in readiness for the hard times, and there will be hard times!
Be positive, it can be done, and you are going to do it! No risk!
Step 2. Get Help
You may be a macho butt-kicking guy or a take-nothing-from-anybody gal, but do not be ashamed of getting help from all the available places.
No matter how tough you are you will need help. Why not accept it.
And there is plenty to choose from whether it be in the form of quitting aids such as patches, nicotine gum or quit-smoking clinics. Use them all!
The above steps will work for most people but you can make your own steps which will work for you. But above all be confident and stay positive.
With out a doubt beating your addiction forever will be your greatest achievement for yourself, your family, and the people around you.
Kelvyn Peters has been a medical research consultant for many years and now he is retired we have convinced him to publish some articles. We hope you find them helpful.
- A Quit Smoking Plan That Will Work For You
- Yes! There is an Easy Way to Cease Smoking
- Smoking Hazards - Please Quit Smoking to Make a Healthy Environment
- When is the Best Time to Quit Smoking?
- Smoking is Not the Remedy For Adding Pleasure to Life, Says a New Study
- Smoking Rehabilitation Methods
- Quit Smoking - Why is it So Hard to Quit Smoking?
- Smoke Safe and Legal Indoors With No Tar Or Pollution
- Why Bother With Cold Turkey?
- Quitting Smoking - The Learning Curve