Quit Now, Smoking Guide
As cities like Chicago and New York implement no smoking policies at bars and restaurants, more and more people are realizing that a quit now smoking guide may be just what they need. The health benefits, alone, and not to mention the cost savings or worth making it something to consider.
Unfortunately for smokers, kicking the habit may not be such an easy task. To stop smoking at the snap of the fingers takes an impressive amount of will power and commitment. In fact, studies show that most smokers attempt to quit smoking several times before being completely successful, but as the cost and inconvenience continues to increase, quit now smoking guides seem to be picking up steam.
The first thing you need in order to quit smoking is a strong desire. You have to give yourself a damn good reason as to why you want to quit, and it has to be one that is strong enough to help you resist temptation when you crave nicotine. Write down a list of the three main reasons you want to quit and keep it with you. Maybe it's because you know it smells bad, maybe someone in your family recently passed away from lung disease, or maybe you realize how much you can save over the course of a year.
Secondly, you need to make a commitment to yourself and set goals. Did you know it only takes 30 days to create a habit? That means it only takes 30 days to also break one. Part of your quit now smoking program should include some sort of goal and a nice reward for reaching that goal. This will help you stay motivated and keep a carrot dangled in front of your face, rather than a cigarette.
Start there, and keep reading to find out more ways to create an effective quit now smoking plan.
- A Quit Smoking Plan That Will Work For You
- Yes! There is an Easy Way to Cease Smoking
- Smoking Hazards - Please Quit Smoking to Make a Healthy Environment
- When is the Best Time to Quit Smoking?
- Smoking is Not the Remedy For Adding Pleasure to Life, Says a New Study
- Smoking Rehabilitation Methods
- Quit Smoking - Why is it So Hard to Quit Smoking?
- Smoke Safe and Legal Indoors With No Tar Or Pollution
- Why Bother With Cold Turkey?
- Quitting Smoking - The Learning Curve