7 Reasons Cigarette Smoking Is Detrimental To Health
Cigarette smoking is detrimental to health for an enormous number of reasons. Every year hundreds of thousands of people die around the world from smoking related deaths. Cigarettes contain tobacco, hundreds of additives, glue and paper, which when burnt and inhaled, according to the CDC, harm almost all of the organs of the body, cause cancer as well as cardiovascular and respiratory diseases.
Reason number 1 that cigarette smoking is detrimental to health is that the mix of nicotine and carbon monoxide in cigarettes can temporarily increase your heart rate and blood pressure, which causes a strain on your heart and blood vessels.
Reason number 2 that cigarette smoking is detrimental to health is that the tar from cigarettes coats your lungs like soot in a chimney which can cause cancer.
Reason number 3 is that carbon monoxide deprives your muscles, brain and body tissue of oxygen, which causes the organs in your body to work harder, which over time, can cause damage to your lungs, heart, and other organs.
Number 4, smoking can lead to strokes. Studies have shown that smokers are far more likely to experience strokes than non-smokers.
Reason number 5 that cigarette smoking is detrimental to health is that smoking can cause fat deposits to block blood vessels which again, can lead to heart attacks.
Reason number 6; recent studies have shown that smoking causes roughly one in five deaths due to heart disease.
And finally, reason number 7 that cigarette smoking is detrimental to health is that second hand smoke has proven harmful to those around you, leading potentially to smoking related deaths of loved ones and others that are frequently around you.
Did you know that there is a new Smokeless Cigarette that contains no cancer causing agents?
Get your nicotine fix without the risks at http://njoycigarettes.com
- A Quit Smoking Plan That Will Work For You
- Yes! There is an Easy Way to Cease Smoking
- Smoking Hazards - Please Quit Smoking to Make a Healthy Environment
- When is the Best Time to Quit Smoking?
- Smoking is Not the Remedy For Adding Pleasure to Life, Says a New Study
- Smoking Rehabilitation Methods
- Quit Smoking - Why is it So Hard to Quit Smoking?
- Smoke Safe and Legal Indoors With No Tar Or Pollution
- Why Bother With Cold Turkey?
- Quitting Smoking - The Learning Curve