Former Smoker Tells Of Losing Battle With Lung Cancer - Utah
As branch of its subject cessation efforts within the Hispanic community, the Utah Branch of Health's (UDOH) Tobacco Prevention and Government Programme (TPCP) recently launched a series of TV spots that bull's eye on the earnest physical and emotional clash of tobacco on users and their families.
The crusade features 59-year-old Gerardo Ozorio, a former smoker who evacuate in Jun 2008 after smoking for 46 years. Two months later, Ozorio was diagnosed with period IV lung cancer. Gerardo passed elsewhere on Jan 1, 2009, shortly after disc the ads. He testament never be learned the enormous contact his account will bear on the Hispanic community.
"Gerardo's legend puts a face on tobacco-related diseases and their tangible abrogating effects," said David Neville, TPCP media coordinator. "The ads are incredibly competent - we dream the Ozorio family's biography will actuate tobacco users to drop out for good."
Gerardo, his wife Adolfina, and sons Gustavo and Ram√ n were all interviewed for the campaign. The note is that tobacco addiction impacts not isolated the smoker on the other hand each else encircling them, particularly loved ones. As stated by Gustavo, "‚ duck egg can prepare you in being to examine your dad ill this way. Aught prepares you in entity for something as eerie as cancer."
"We're besides grateful to the Ozorio family - mainly Gerardo-- for sharing their description in hopes it will energize others to quit," Neville said.
The Factualism campaign is detail of Utah's full and proven gate to reducing the health and financial burdens tobacco convenience has on communities. The Correctness and its partners add programs to: prevent immaturity from starting to advantage tobacco; benefit tobacco users quit; protect Utahns from secondhand smoke; and eliminate tobacco-related disparities.
To impression the ads, tarriance http://wediditstory.com/videopage/spanish.php.
For support quitting, ring the Hispanic Tobacco Chuck Edge at 1-877-629-1585 or weekend http://www.utahquitnet.com
The commission of the Utah Department of Health is to protect the public's health complete preventing avoidable illness, injury, disability and untimely death, assuring access to affordable, element health care, and promoting healthy lifestyles.
Utah Department of Health
Last relative articles:
- Tobacco Use Linked To Worse Outcomes In HPV-Positive Head And Neck Cancer, U-M Study Finds
- Quitting Smoking Especially Difficult For Select Groups
- Spanish Language Ads Get Message Across For Smoking Quit Lines
- Study Reveals A Need To Evaluate And Regulate Electronic Cigarettes
- Insufficient Counseling For Obesity And Smoking Due To Cost To Patients
- New TAU Study Proves Smoking Cessation Significantly Increases Cardiac Health Later In Life
- News From The Annals Of Internal Medicine, February 2, 2010
- Decline In Exposure To Secondhand Smoke Among Children In England Since 1996
- Single Payer Bill Passes Calif. Senate; Other States Consider Smaller Health Care Changes
- Most Ex-Smokers Quit Successfully Without Help
tobacco, tobacco users, tobacco chuck, tobacco benefit, tobacco prevention, tobacco convenience, tobacco addiction, udoh tobacco, burdens tobacco, hispanic tobacco