Herbal Remedies That Aid In The Treatment of Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin disorder where raised, rough, reddened areas appear and are usually covered with fine silvery scales. Psoriasis generally causes swelling and scaling of the skin with patches of thick and red in color. These can be found on the knees, scalp, elbows, soles of the feet, lower back, palms, face, other parts of the legs, finger nails or toenails, inside the mouth and genital area.
According to a study, it is estimated that this condition affects around 2% of the U.S. population, accounting for 10% of outpatient visits to dermatologists. In a university clinic, 62% of 578 psoriatic patients acknowledged the use of alternative and traditional therapies, and these are defined as herbal and vitamin treatments, homeopathy, non-prescription tanning, and other alternative modalities.
General Causes & Symptoms For This Skin Disorder
A triggering of psoriasis consists of a chronic inflammatory process in the skin, the papillae of which become considerably lengthened and more vascular than usual. This skin disorder usually appears for the first time around adolescence or early adult life, and is often a family disease which occurs in different generations of one family and is usually associated with conditions like gout or rheumatism. In some individuals, this skin disorder repeatedly appears during a particular season, especially in the spring and autumn, but is not considered to be infectious.
Effective Herbal Remedies For Psoriasis
Preparations of this herb are commonly used in Europe to properly treat psoriasis, eczema and dry, flaky skin. Herbal medicine practitioners in the US maintain that applying this herb externally works better than using over-the-counter medications for psoriasis.
- Brazil nut
Brazil nuts are known to contain an oil rich in vitamin E and selenium. In the Amazon rain forest region, residents use this oil to treat skin conditions, and some skin creams are also available in the United States, that contain vitamin E.
This and other herbs are known to possess psoralens, which aid in treating this condition. Many plants contain psoralens, and these include angelica, carrots, celery, citrus fruits, figs, fennel and parsnips.
- Red pepper
Red pepper is a natural treatment that is effective in helping both dry skin and psoriasis. There are creams made of hot pepper, which contain 0.025 percent capsaicin.
- Among other helpful supplements that are generally beneficial in treating psoriasis include burdock, milk thistle, yellow dock, red clover, mountain grape and sarsaparilla . Aloe vera is also an herb which has been noted to be potent in the treatment of psoriasis. Neem oil, emu oil, jojoba, products containing oat derivatives, witch hazel, tea tree oil, capsaicin and evening primrose oil are all not proven scientifically buy may be beneficial because of their moisturizing qualities.
In order to prevent the occurrence, or to reduce infection caused by psoriasis, patients suffering from this skin condition need to avoid spicy foods, curds, and salt. If the patient cannot subsist on a salt-free diet, he may be allowed a little rock salt. In addition, vegetables such as drumsticks, bitter gourd, and flowers of the neem tree are also helpful in relieving this disorder. Clothes made of man-made fibers should also not be worn by the patient, and he should also not scratch the affected parts when they become itchy.
http://primeherbal.com - Prime Herbal
Vanessa A. Doctor from Jump2Top - SEO Company
- Moles - When to Worry
- The Cause and Elimination of Warts
- How to Find Quality Skin Care For Men
- Look Great With Professional Skin Care For Men
- Stretch Marks - Why Do These Occur? What Can Be Done to Reduce Stretch Marks?
- The Best Cellulite Product
- Frequently Asked Questions About Acne Treatment
- The Big Question - Is There a Way to Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
- Popular Ways on How to Eliminate Stretch Marks
- What Cosmetic Laser Treatment For Stretch Marks Is