Seven Skin Care Tips
Almost everyone would like to preserve the youthfulness of their skin for as long as possible. And while the Fountain of Youth has not yet been discovered, there are several things you can do to preserve your skin's smooth appearance and feel long beyond your years. Pull out your notebook and jot down these suggestions:
1. Remember in the summertime, to use sunscreen. If you don't remember anything else or find money in your budget for none of these other suggestions, please use sunscreen. Preferably you should use one with an SPF ("Sun Protection Factor" ) of at least 15--or more. Use it daily, especially if you plan to be outside for any length of time.
2. Remember that the rays of the sun are at their strongest between about 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. During these times you should especially make sure you apply your sunscreen repeatedly. Also, take frequent indoor breaks during these hours. A good rule of thumb is that, whenever your shadow is longer than you, it's much safer to be outside in the sun. Even then, though, you should wear sunscreen.
3. Remember that diet affects your skin. If you regularly eat junk foods, you can expect your skin to be negatively affected. Do your skin a favor and replace those potato chips and cookies with fruits and vegetables. This will go a long way toward giving you a smoother complexion.
In fact, most people who make drastic, positive changes in their diets begin noticing positive changes with their skin in a matter of a few weeks. Foods that especially benefit your skin include those with plenty of omega-3 acids, and Vitamins A and E. Truthfully, though, any food that's good for your overall health is probably good for your skin.
4. What you drink is also important. Specifically, you should get in the habit of drinking lots of water. Almost every skin-care expert will tell you that their number one suggestion for improving a person's complexion is to drink about 64 ounces of water a day.
5. Remember that, just as in summer, there are specific steps you must take in winter time to ensure the health of your skin. The cold air can drain moisture from your skin, causing it to look dry and chapped. Because of this, it's important for you to continue to use sunscreen on your neck, face and other uncovered parts of the body when going outside.
Refrain from long, hot showers, since this tends to deplete your skin's natural moisturizer. And finally, there is a Chinese herbal tonic you can try: That's simply mixing lemon with a glass of hot water, and drinking a glass every day. This is supposed to get rid of many of the toxins that are responsible for skin problems.
6. There really is such a thing as "beauty sleep," so get plenty of it. Studies show that people who get an inadequate amount of sleep tend to have skin that does not repair damage sufficiently. The result is slackness and wrinkles.
7. Smile! It really is true that too much frowning can cause wrinkles in the face. In short, the secret to keeping young skin is staying happy, eating and drinking healthy, and getting plenty of sleep. And don't forget the sunscreen! True we don't have a fountain of youth; but a healthy lifestyle is the next best thing.
Candie Zimmer recommends the following skin care products:
- Moles - When to Worry
- The Cause and Elimination of Warts
- How to Find Quality Skin Care For Men
- Look Great With Professional Skin Care For Men
- Stretch Marks - Why Do These Occur? What Can Be Done to Reduce Stretch Marks?
- The Best Cellulite Product
- Frequently Asked Questions About Acne Treatment
- The Big Question - Is There a Way to Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
- Popular Ways on How to Eliminate Stretch Marks
- What Cosmetic Laser Treatment For Stretch Marks Is